Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tehran Almasi Reflection

Tehran Almasi
@02618922

Dr. Georgia Dunston's lecture was on human genomes. To hear that out of all the HBCU's Howard was the only one with a genome center. That fact made me proud to be a student at Howard, but it also made me disappointed at Historically Black universities. She spoke about the fact that everyone's DNA is different even if you are twins. Dr. Dunston went on to talk about how the human chromosomes, determine what type of birth defects the person can acquire. Having a love for science I really enjoyed her lecture. Knowing that DNA is the blueprint for everything, shows how important it is to study it. To try to understand it. I loved how Dr. Dunston referred to Africa as "mother" Africa, because I too believe without a doubt that everything stems from Africa. Especially genetics, its easy to see in my opinion because of the fact that our traits are dominant. Dr. Dunston's lecture was very informative. Without my love for science I would have found it a little boring though. There needed to be more attention grabbers and interesting facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment